Saturday, September 12, 2009

late summer in the garden

While my daughters were here, I lamented about the sad state of blooms in late August and early September. They laughed and said the garden looked pretty good to them. So I walked out this afternoon to document some blooms. Alas, I was too late for the magnificent thistle we found, but there were quite a few others.


azaleas
Along with the goldfish above, we found a cute, little garden snake who was sharing the pond with the fish. He/she/it(?) had also staked out a couple of rocks upstream where (pronoun of your choice) could stick its head up and survey all goings on. I haven't been lucky enough to get a picture yet.


knockout roses








Indian blanket flowers



Dahlia







zinnia


love lies bleeding











wild onion







And I have no idea what this one is.


I had been so busy looking for holes in the foliage that I missed the flowers that were there. I guess there's a lesson in that. Treasure what you have.
By the way, if you recognize the above 'wonder what' please leave a note here.


No comments:

Post a Comment