Friday, August 8, 2014

It has been a very long time since I posted here.  So I start with a couple of FaceBook posts of the past week:


This is a wonderful day. I stepped outside to read under a sky that is so blue with cotton clouds so white, it could only be New Mexico. There is a faint scent of pine. Insects are busy checking out the moss roses and geraniums. Russian and lipstick sages have attracted a humming bird and a lizard is sunning itself on the walk.
The silence is broken only by birdsong and an occasional neigh from the neighbor's horses.
It's perfect.
This is a wonderful day. I stepped outside to read under a sky that is so blue with cotton clouds so white, it could only be New Mexico. There is a faint scent of pine. Insects are busy checking out the moss roses and geraniums. Russian and lipstick sages have attracted a humming bird and a lizard is sunning itself on the walk.
The silence is broken only by birdsong and an occasional neigh from the neighbor's horses.
It's perfect.
Another unbelievable day. A few minutes after I sat down outside to read, a hummingbird hovered a foot in front of me to check out the red in my shirt. Since then, it has fed at the feeder and the lipstick sage. A woodpecker checked out the pine and two larks sang their way past my chair. Tere is one puffy white cloud in an unbroken blue sky. A gentle breeze shivers the aspens and sways the butterfly bushes.

It is the end of my week in New Mexico. No more pictures yet. I will post them later.

Yesterday, we drove up to Trinidad and ate with friends at Tequila's restaurant. Really good, real Mexican food -- Mmmmm.
It rained on the way back. We were driving through it all the way to Glorieta.
I love New Mexico's sky. Yesterday, the clouds just sat atop the hills and the lightning walked around under them. It was a change from the startling blue of the sky of the previous days.
Home tomorrow, then London and Dublin.
Like
Ah, but the day is not complete.  Last night, our daughter made what I thought was the schedule for the day.  It is an impressive sheet of paper with multiple lines.  In fact, the president of these United States probably has such a schedule, carefully broken into 15 minutes blocks with potty breaks.

Nope!  It was not the schedule.  It was the plan.   We were informed that we were to leave the house for the first appointment no later than 10:00 AM.  Fran and I packed and had a quick breakfast.  We were ready by 9:00.  About ten, Sammi started preparing food and we each had a lovely omlette.  It's a little after noon.  Sammi has showered and is dressing for the day.  Thirty-eight years have I known that girl.  You'd think I would have learned, at least a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment