Friday, September 24, 2010

Garden time



This is my sitting place. The rock at the left has a behind sized flat spot where I place mine and enjoy the garden.









It's close to the lower fall and I listen to the restful sound of the water falling. The fall is low enough so goldfish can migrate upstream to live under the rock arch.





Watching the little fellows congregate, chase each other around and munch on the algae covered rocks is relaxing. It's also amusing to count how many are in each favorite swimming spot. It can be a bit challenging since they do swim around and regroup constantly.





The rock arch has a fairly deep pool downstream and there is a little, stone bridge down from there. Both places, as well as the rocks along the sides offer adequate hiding places for the fish eaters that frequent our neighborhood.

But we do lose a few to the smarter ones.




The rock arch is downstream from the upper fall. We designed our little river so you can hear water falling and rushing everywhere along it. Both guest bedrooms open onto a fall.





My sitting place offers good views of the butterflies that come to munch on zinnia flowers or lay eggs on the dill.








I'm sorry to say that my sitting rock is also the hiding place of a local ground squirrel. He amscrays when I approach, but I'm working on a program of trust and greed (peanuts) to get him to stick around a little longer.





Even during the day, I have the moon and stars in view.






Nothing disturbs our sleeping dragon.






Hope you enjoyed this mini-tour of my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment