Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vincennes, Indiana

Drove about 470 miles from Little Rock and stayed off the Interstate where I could. I'll photograph a map and post it in a later blog.
As I came northeast, I saw the crops and roadside flowers change. In Arkansas and Missouri, the crops were mostly rice and soy beans. The roadside flowers were mallows. I'll post a photo when I get it off my camera. Not tonight, I'm tired.
Driving through the small towns was wonderful. The houses ranged from little crackeer boxes to Victorian gingerbread mansions. Most of the yards were neat and quite a few had front gardens. The most amazing thing was the abundance of licoris (surprize lilies). There were huge groupings, lines and circles. Fran and I were quite proud of our little group, but these made ours look insignificant.
My fingers are getting tangled. I'll report more another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment